Sunday, August 2, 2009

On Record For the G.I. Joe Sequals (and yes I think there will be some)

I would just like to go on record as to what I think the plots of the next two G.I. Joe movies will be, pure guessing on my part, I don’t have any insider knowledge (but if someone wants to give me some, I’ll be more then happy to accept it).

G.I. Joe #2 – Will be a more “classic” look (letting all the hardcore fans of ARAH get their day in the sun). A Joe will get captured (probably Duke, cause that’s what Duke does). Flint and Lady Jaye will be the new big Joes that show up. Duke will get injected with the nano-mites and will be made to fight the Joes but he’ll rebel agaist the control and we’ll find out that the nano-mites can’t make you do something you wouldn’t already be inclined to do (hence the Baroness still being bad even when not controlled by the nano-mites). Storm Shadow will return and become a good guy (blah). The main plot will be around Cobra Commander’s latest “take over the world” invention, which of course the Joes destroy.

G.I. Joe #3- Cobra Commander’s starting to lose focus. His troops have low morale (this gets into the whole thing of what happens when evil always loses, see the posting on that topic…), they’re questioning his leadership. All that kind of stuff. So Dr. Mindbender (who’s got a cameo in the first movie and has slowly been working his way up the main character ladder) comes up with the idea of creating the ultimate genetic soldier using the nano-mites and DNA. What CC doesn’t know is that this ultimate genetic soldier is also supposed to be the ultimate leader. And so Serpentor is introduced into the RoC universe. The usual stuff happens, Serpentor triumphs and gets his butt kicked at the end.

Now, I’m no Serpentor fan, but I think it makes a logical progession based on what the main focus and main tech of the new RoC Cobra organization is.

Only time will tell if I’m right.

Of course this is all null and void if the movie bombs (which I don't think it will)

0 comments:

Post a Comment