Sunday, August 16, 2009

Mini-Review of the RoC Artic Snake-Eyes




I was going to avoid it at first. I didn't like it. The hood just seemed weird on a SE figure. Then I saw the movie. Okay, the outfit makes more sense.

Now I saw it in the stores. There was no hesitation, it was in my hand. The figure is awesome.

One of my favorite figures. It just looks like a snow commando should.

Great paint job, great looks. Yeah, it suffers the same fate as all those figures with the skirts, but I don't care. It's great.

The accessories.. He comes with a sword, a pistol and an ice pick for climbing. Wish he came with a rifle, but Marauder's can fix that.

The Resolute/ME Arctic SE ice shoes would have been perfect to put with this figure but that's okay.

But the backpack... OMG....

It's a string that runs thru it with 2 hooks on either hand. Yes, he can slide down the rope. There are knots near the ends so he won't go flying into stuff, couple inches away, so you can let him go and he'll stop before he hits anything (yes, I did test this real quick).

It's a new style backpack. It just doesn't go into the peg on his back, but it fits around him. More realistic. Also makes sense to help hold the backpack onto SE.

This guy gets a 4.5 out of 5. Iceshoes and a rifle would have made this a perfect figure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment